This is just something that I made up for dinner and it went over pretty well. It easily serves 8 people.
- 1 large can of tomatillos
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt
Blend in a food processor until well mixed, set aside.
- 500g Pork Roast (boneless or bone in)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dark chili pepper
- 1 tbsp Tajin
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
Blend all the dry goods, slice the meat and rub the spice mixture into the cuts. Wrap the pork tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- 2 cans of pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into large chunks
- 12 medium white mushrooms cut into large slices
- 2 large dry bay leaves
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 avocado (garnish)
In a slow cooker, put the mushrooms, onion, and beans and the chicken stock into the base, put the pork on top and then pour the sauce into the cooker, put the two bay leaves into the cooker and put it on 10 hours.
After cooking, remove the bay leaves and discard, skim as much of the liquid off and set aside to reduce into a sauce. Shred the pork with two forks in the slow cooker. Stir as needed to well incorporate the meat, mushrooms, and beans.
- 1 medium jicama peeled and diced (slaw)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (slaw)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 large jalapeno minced
Mix well and use as a garnish.