The wife and I moved to Vancouver, BC recently and since fall is in full swing we’ve decided to embrace soups, stews and chilis. We may have found the perfect accompianment for those spicier soups. Its a simple bread that requires very little effort.
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup self rising all purpose flour
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cup extra old cheddar
- 1.5 cup diced pickled jalapenos
- Mix all the dry goods and the beer together and knead into a ball. Then fold in the cheese and jalapenos and then put into a standard loaf pan, brush the top with melted butter and bake at 375f for 40 minutes.