Skip to Content
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 24 oz. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried currants or golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- In a large sauce pan combine the brown sugar, cranberry juice, vinegar, ginger and allspice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer uncovered for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the cranberries, oranges, apple, currants, apricots and orange zest. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Cool to room temperature and then transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Alternatively you can pour into hot canning jars, seal and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath to seal.