- 2 Cans of Black Beans, rinsed (or 2 cups of dry black beans)
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 and 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (fresh ground)
- 1 turkey leg (or pork loin)
Pork Loin / Turkey Leg Prep
- Take a large plastic bag and marinate the pork loin for 12 to 24 hours prior in a mixture of a teaspoon of cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, black and red pepper, honey and a cap full of rice vinegar.
Cooking the Soup
- Put the carrot, celery, onion and garlic into a bowl with cumin, red pepper, chili pepper, salt and pepper and toss. Put all the previous items along with the beans, chicken stock and water into the crock pot and place the pork loin on top, place the bay leaves on both sides of the pork loin and cook for 10 hours.
- Take the bay leaves out and discard, also take the pork loin out of the pot and and place aside, use either an immersion blender to blend the soup or use a stand alone blender to blend the soup in batches. Shred the pork loin into bite size pieces and then mix into the soup.
- Serve with shredded jack cheese and hot sauce to taste.